Car Seat Safety & Inspections
PLEASE NOTE: North Metro Fire has temporarily suspended car seat inspections until we are clear of COVID-19 restrictions. Please view the online resources linked below to assist you in installing your car seat.
Motor vehicle crashes are the No. 1 cause of unintentional death among children ages 1 to 19 in the United States (Source: Center for Disease Control and Prevention). Of the children ages 12 years and younger who died in a crash in 2014, 34% were not buckled up. Many more were improperly restrained (Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration).
According to Safe Kids Worldwide:
- Road injuries are the leading cause of preventable deaths and injuries to children in the United States.
- Correctly used child safety seats can reduce the risk of death by as much as 71 percent.
- Three out of four car seats are not used or installed correctly.
Informacion de Asiento de Carro en Espanol:North Metro Fire offers child safety seat inspections for residents who are interested in having their child safety seats inspected by a certified passenger safety seat technician. Please install the child seat according to manufacturer’s guidelines prior to attending the inspection checkpoint.
View Installation Videos and Guides
- Check out the website for your car seat manufacturer, which should provide installation guidance and videos for you to follow.
- Check out these installation videos by the National Child Passenger Safety Board.
- Safe Kids Worldwide created this Ultimate Car Seat Guide to help you purchase and install the right car seat for your child.
Car Seat Inspections (Temporarily suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month
- 9 a.m. until noon (by appointment)
- North Metro Fire Station 62, 10550 Huron Street, Northglenn
- North Metro Fire Station 64, 13515 Lowell Boulevard, Broomfield
Set Up an Appointment
Car seat inspections are free to all North Metro Fire residents but must be made by appointment.
Schedule your car seat appointment: 303-452-9910
While North Metro firefighters will do their best to fulfill all appointments, North Metro Fire’s first priority is emergency response. If the firefighters are responding to an emergency and are not at the station at the time of your appointment, you may wait a few minutes to see if they return, or call our Headquarters to reschedule for another time. We apologize in advance for any inconveniences and appreciate your understanding and patience.