Requirements and Procedures
- Participant should be a resident of the fire district, unless pursuing a career with North Metro Fire or enrolled in a fire science or EMS program.
- Participant should be covered under his/her own insurance plan.
- Requests must be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. No ride-alongs will be scheduled beyond 4 p.m.
- The District highly recommends riders to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19, influenza, etc.) in order to protect the health and safety of the District’s employees and the public.
- Any person who wants to participate in the Ride-Along Program must complete an application and release form. You may fill out the online form, or you may download a PDF copy of the form and mail it in to North Metro Fire, Attn: Ride-Along Program, 101 Spader Way, Broomfield, CO 80020.
- Forms should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the requested ride-along dates.
- Participants will provide a minimum of one form of photo identification to be photo copied, attached to the Ride-Along Release Form and returned to the fire district. For those filling out the form online, you can upload a copy of your identification via the website.
- Participants will receive email correspondence from North Metro Fire in order to confirm the date, time and location of the ride-along appointment. Participants should arrive on time.
- Participants should bring money for lunch and snacks during their ride-along. Meals are not covered by the fire district.
- Appropriate attire must be worn. Acceptable attire is dark navy pants, dark navy shirt, black socks, and black shoes. Pants shall be Dockers, medic pants, or something of the like. Shirts shall be polo type without a logo of any kind.
- Participant should bring a solid color jacket depending on weather conditions.
- All clothing must be clean and in good condition.
The company officer may cancel permission of a ride-along based on the appearance, attitude or conduct of the ride-along participant.