Election for Proposed Mill Levy Extension
Registered voters in North Metro Fire Rescue District will have the opportunity to vote on a mill levy extension proposal in the general election held November 7, 2023. The ballot issue will be included on the general ballot you will receive via the mail from your county. North Metro Fire encourages all residents to vote in the November election.
Ballot Question 7A
WITHOUT RAISING ADDITIONAL TAXES, SHALL THE MILL LEVY NORTH METRO FIRE RESCUE DISTRICT CURRENTLY HAS IN PLACE FOR RETIRING DEBT SERVICE BE EXTENDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF KEEPING RESIDENTS SAFE BY FUNDING NECESSARY FIRE, EMERGENCY MEDICAL AND OTHER OPERATIONAL COSTS, AND CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS, WHICH WILL, AMONG OTHER THINGS:
- ATTRACT, TRAIN, AND RETAIN QUALITY FIREFIGHTERS AND PARAMEDICS;
- PROVIDE RAPID EMERGENCY MEDICAL AND FIRE RESPONSE THROUGHOUT THE COMMUNITY;
- PROTECT THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF FIREFIGHTERS AND PARAMEDICS AND ENHANCE EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE BY REPLACING AND UPDATING ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT; AND
- STRENGTHEN LOCAL WILDFIRE RESPONSE BY ENSURING THERE ARE ADEQUATE EMERGENCY VEHICLES AND NECESSARY EQUIPMENT;
AND WITH THE EXTENDED TAX RATE TO BE AUTHORIZED AT 1.4 MILLS WITHOUT LIMITING ITS DURATION FOR DEPOSIT INTO THE DISTRICT’S GENERAL FUND, AND TO CONSTITUTE A VOTER-APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE UNDER ARTICLE X, SECTION 20 OF THE STATE CONSTITUTION AND AN EXCEPTION TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTION 29-1-301 OF THE COLORADO REVISED STATUTES, AND ANY OTHER LAW?
Who Can Vote
Those eligible to vote on Issue 7A must:
- Reside or own property in North Metro Fire Rescue District
- North Metro Fire covers Broomfield, Northglenn and unincorporated areas of Adams, Boulder, Jefferson and Weld Counties
- Be a registered voter in the State of Colorado
- Voters can register and vote on the same day of the election by going in person to any voting center in your county
- If you are unsure if you live or own property in the fire district, please call 303-452-9910 to verify your status.
How to Vote
- Those who are registered voters will receive their ballot in the mail after October 16, 2023.
- Ballots must be received no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day, November 7, 2023.
Voters may return their ballot by mail or hand deliver their ballot to a Voter Service and Polling Center or designated drop-off location in their county. Please visit your county's election website to identify these locations.
For any questions regarding the election process, please contact North Metro Fire's Designated Election Official (DEO) Heather Brown, 101 Spader Way, Broomfield, CO 80020. You can reach the DEO via phone (303) 452-9910 or email email@example.com.