Fire Safety Scavenger Hunt
Fire Safety Scavenger Hunt 2020
Join us for a special scavenger hunt during Fire Prevention Week! The object of the game is to complete all the missions set out before you. Along the way, you will learn all about fire prevention and safety in the kitchen and throughout your home. You will also have opportunities to earn points and chances to win the grand prize—a pizza dinner delivered to your home* by North Metro firefighters. Other prizes will be awarded as part of the drawing as well.
You can increase your chances of winning a prize by completing as many missions as possible.
How to Enter the Prize Drawing
- Complete all three missions on October 4 = Three entries in prize drawing
- Earn 3,000 points = One entry in prize drawing
- Complete all missions = 10 entries in prize drawing
How to Participate
Download PDF of Scavenger Hunt
- Download and print out our Fire Safety Scavenger Hunt here.
- Start your scavenger hunt and work through the various missions.
- Once you have completed your missions, you must go to our online "Mission Accomplished" form to upload your photos, videos and answers (you can do this from your phone or computer).
- Upload your missions no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, October 12, for a chance to be entered in the drawing for a free pizza dinner delivered by our firefighters!
Kickoff Event: October 4, 1-4 p.m. - Complete the first three missions and earn a prize!
Visit these three locations to participate in an activity and earn points and giveaways.
- Broomfield County Commons Park (near sports field on the east side)
- 13200 Sheridan Blvd., Broomfield
- Northglenn Recreation Center
- 11801 Community Center Dr., Northglenn
- North Metro Fire Rescue District Headquarters
- 101 Spader Way, Broomfield
IMPORTANT: Please wear a mask at each scavenger hunt stop, and practice social distancing.
The remainder of the scavenger hunt can be completed in and around your home.
Resources for Scavenger Hunt
- NFPA Cooking Safety Checklist
- NFPA Smoke Alarms at Home
- NFPA Carbon Monoxide Safety
- Home Escape Plan Worksheet
- 3-Ft. "Kid-Free Zone" Marker Tool