Fire Prevention Week
Each year, North Metro Fire Rescue District kicks off the month of October with special events centered around Fire Prevention Week in coordination with the National Fire Protection Association.
The 2022 Fire Prevention Week theme is “Fire won't wait. Plan your escape.™”.
Schedule of Events
October 8 - Fire Safety Open House in Northglenn
- Station 62, 10550 Huron St., Northglenn
- 12 - 2 p.m.
- Inflatable safety house, fire engine and ambulance tours, CPR education, kitchen safety demo, and additional safety activities for the entire family
October 11 - Story Time with the Broomfield Library
- More details to come
October 15 - Fire Safety Open House in Broomfield
Steps to Making Your Home Escape Plan (NFPA)
- Draw a map of your home.
- Show all doors and windows.
- Visit each room. Find two ways out.
- All windows and doors should open easily. You should be able to use them to get outside.
- Make sure your home has smoke alarms. Push the test button to make sure each alarm is working.
- Pick a meeting place outside. It should be in front of your home. Everyone will meet at the meeting place.
- Make sure your house or building number can be seen from the street.
- Talk about your plan with everyone in your home.
- Make sure everyone in your home knows how to dial 911 or your local emergency number.
- Practice your home fire drill!
Additional Resources from the NFPA
- Escape Planning Tips
- Exit Plan Template
- Home Safety Tips for People With Disabilities
- Fire Safety Tips for Apartment Residents
- Learn the Sounds of Safety
- All About Smoke Alarms
- Plan de Escape (Espanol)
- Practique el simulacro de evacuación (Espanol)