Apply for Citizens Academy
If you are interested in the North Metro Fire Citizens Academy, please submit an application for enrollment by March 2. We are excited to share this experience with you! All portions of the application must be accurately completed in order for you to be considered. Applicants will undergo a brief background investigation before being accepted into the academy.
Requirement and Instructions to Apply
In order to apply for the Citizens Academy, you must be 18 years or older and a resident, business or property owner within the fire district. To ensure a seat in the Citizens Academy, please complete the following application and registration process by 5 p.m. on March 2, 2020. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.
Applications may be mailed or hand delivered to North Metro Fire Rescue District, Attn: Pam Kutchen, 101 Spader Way, Broomfield, CO 80020, or submitted through our online application form.
LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
Once your application has been processed, if you are accepted to the academy, you will be sent a letter of acceptance and confirmation. This letter, along with a follow up email, will provide you with the beginning date, time and location of the first class.
These instructions are provided as a guide to assist you in properly completing your application. It is essential that the information be accurate in all respects. It will be used as a basis for a criminal history check that will determine your eligibility for participation in the North Metro Fire Citizens Academy. All information on this application will be kept confidential.
- This application should be printed or typed legibly. Answer all questions to the best of your ability.
- If a question is not applicable to you, enter N/A in the space provided.
- If there is insufficient space on the form for you to include all information required, attach extra sheets of 8½” x 11” paper.
- An accurate and complete form will expedite the criminal history check of your application.
- Provide a copy of your photographic identification by attaching it to your completed application form or through the online submission form.
- Mail, hand deliver or upload your completed application to North Metro Fire Rescue District by 5 p.m. on March 2, 2020.