Dr. David Griffin Training Class
On June 18, 2007, nine firefighters perished in a warehouse fire in Charleston, SC. David had the unfortunate experience of being the engineer on the first due engine that day & suffered from PTSD. He delved into a life of alcohol and prescription drug abuse, had erratic behavior, sleeve tattoos, depression and survivor’s guilt. Find out how he changed PTSD into PTG – Post-Traumatic Growth.
- Learning how to change PTSD into PTG – post-traumatic growth
- How PTG is a phenomenon where a person becomes stronger
- Insight how PTG creates a more meaningful life for those in the wake of trauma
- Discussion of the signs and symptoms of PTSD
- Attendees will complete a Posttraumatic Growth Inventory Survey to identify level of PTG
- Ability to administer survey to their organization to identify signs and symptoms of PTSD
- Take away tangible tools to assist in the fight against PTSD and firefighter suicides
Cost is $50.
Session Day(s) Times Dates Location Instructor Age Participants